Teambuilding with Improvisation
“Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi, football coach
DRAMATRIX offers flexible and tailor-made teambuilding programs based on improvisational theatre workshops. These are ideal for groups between 8-25. This involves teaching basic acting skills, for example improvisation skills. Specially-designed role-plays are thus enhanced, enabling participants to recognise different types of barriers in personal communication by using status and games people play.
Objectives / benefits to the company:
• Building trust: co-operate, share, trust
• Improving team work
• Being positive and accepting in interactions with colleagues
• Unlocking and accepting your partner’s creativity by being definite
• Thinking outside of the usual patterns
• Building and sharing in an event
• Understand each other, see a new side of someone
• Developing the ability to project voice and body language
• In times of panic trusting technique and each other to get you through
This is a theatre workshop session, focussing on improvisation, communication, open thinking, team work and co-operation. This will prepare the participants for the next stage, where they will work out short scenes, in small groups of 5-6. In the scenes, they will deal with a situation that relates to a relevant work issue. After practising the scene once, they act it out for the rest of the group.
After the performances, in a group discussion, the relevant issue can be discussed and what was learnt from the experience.
This is a challening exercise, but it has proved a valuable vehicle for exploring relationships within teams and generating smoother communication among team members.